IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a SQL Server Database Developer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in designing and developing database solutions.
You will be primarily responsible for developing and supporting the creation of a Datawarehouse with supporting reports and dashboards.
The technical challenges are vast and exciting, whilst providing you ample opportunity to increase and enhance your technical and leadership skills.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Prudential business application systems and data relationships
- Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritise enterprise database requirements
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and support SQL Server Applications & Databases
- Apply best practice methodologies to design and implement relational databases, data marts and OLAP cubes
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and support the enterprise analytical reporting architecture, applying appropriate security measures
- Strong Data Analysis and Data Mapping skills
- Contribute to the optimisation and performance tuning of business data warehouse database and file servers
- Plan and conduct reviews of application and database designs
- Create and manage application and database technical documentation
- Create or lead in creation of other technical documents as related to projects and initiatives
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to team members
- Collaborate on project and tasks breakdown, planning and prioritisation
- Coordinate activities with and provide feedback to management
- Participate in process definition and enforcement as required
- Participate in team building and resource planning as required
Skills & Experience:
- The ability to understand Business needs and technical constraints
- Relational database schema design and implementation skills
- Experience using Microsoft SSIS required
- Proficient in data analysis, determining business logic and applying to development
- Significant hands-on ability to perform all phases of the ETL process
- Ability to identify opportunities to optimise the enterprise database architectures
- Implementation and monitoring of validation processes to ensure data integrity
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for corporate data warehouse processes and design
- Ability to work closely with business users and technical resources, as well as independently
- Experience or knowledge of BI reporting dashboards such as PowerBI a plus
- BS degree in computer science or related fields
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large financial companies preferred
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.