MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 6 Specialist Dietitian for a full time Locum position in the Belfast area.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- To support the Nutrition and Dietetics Service Manager in the provision and development of a quality service.
- Use specialised knowledge to manage a caseload in specified clinical areas.
- To provide therapeutic dietary advice and treatment plans according medical diagnosis / referral and nutritional assessment / requirements of patients.
- To make recommendations regarding specialist nutritional products based on clinical condition and monitor their effectiveness, modifying treatment using clinical and professional judgment.
- To advise patients and/or carers/staff on the management of their dietary treatment.
- To instruct cooks on preparation of food and modification of menus to meet dietary needs of patients.
- To be competent to undertake anthropometric assessments.
- To attend ward rounds, MDT meetings, case reviews and participate in discharge planning for patients.
- To assist in the operational management of elective waiting lists where required.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate evidence based nutritional education to colleagues and other health professionals.
- To plan student training programmes, teach and supervise student dietitians.
- To provide clinical supervision to more junior members of the dietetic team.
- To provide cover for other dietetic staff when required.
- To be involved in protocol and service development for own clinical area.
- To develop and evaluate nutrition resource materials as required.
- To provide input to relevant local and regional working groups and agencies as appropriate.
- To implement and evaluate relevant local, national and international protocols and guidelines relating to the nutritional management of the client group.
- To participate in unidisciplinary and multidisciplinary audit.
- To participate in dietary surveys, trials or pilot projects.
- To maintain high quality patient records and collate statistical data as required.
- To be able to utilize appropriate IT packages for example, Dietplan and Compeat, PARIS, NIECR, PJs.
- Two years post registration clinical experience in dietetics
- Degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics or a related Degree with a post-graduate diploma in Dietetics
- Currently registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
Hold a current full driving license valid in the UK with access to a car.
Please note that this will apply to posts based in the community or where there is a need for cross site working Where disability prohibits driving, this criteria will be waived if the applicant is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements’