MPA are currently recruiting for a Band 5/6 Social Worker to join our experienced team in the Magherafelt area. The role will involve delivering Social Work Services to service users and their families in the care of people with mental health problems including dementia. This is an excellent opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in a rapidly growing sector. The pay rate will be £12.74/£16.04 per hour depending on band.
· To implement relevant legislation, Department and Trust Policy and procedures, including the Regional Safe Guarding Policy
· Responsibility for managing an allocated workload and establishing priorities within it.
· To maintain comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date records as required by the Trust.
· To participate fully in the assessment of need of older people and service users with dementia and their carers.
· To participate in multidisciplinary assessment of service user needs, in the development of care plans and the performance of the Named Worker function.
· Engage with service users and carers to promote participation.
· To develop appropriate packages of domiciliary care to support people with mental health problems or dementia in their own home to obviate the need for residential and/or hospital care.
· Hold a recognised Professional qualification in Social Work or equivalent
· NISCC Registration
· Current full driving licence & access to a car on appointment
· Experience in a social work environment (will accept placement experience)
Satisfactory enhanced access NI check
Part time hours will be considered
Pay £12.74/£16.04 per hour (depending on band)
· Weekly pay
· Holiday allowance
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sarah Wall on +44 (0)28 7035 7035 or send an up to date CV to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.