Working alongside our large public sector client, we are pleased to be assisting them to recruit a Band 5 (AYE) or Band 6 Social Worker for the Family Support and Intervention Team based in Carrickfergus.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Social Worker will be primarily responsible for the direct provision of quality social work services to children and families. He/she will normally work, as a member of a social work team and under direction will be responsible for the management of a caseload. He/she will also be responsible for the direct discharge of statutory duties in respect of children in need, Child Protection and Looked After Children
· Engage in direct work with children and families
· Undertake assessment and case planning and to discharge a range of statutory responsibilities in respect of children in need
· Participate in children in need, Child Protection and Looked After Children processes
· Attend Court and present evidence in legal proceedings
· Hold a recognised Professional qualification in social work, students who will qualify by June 2021 are eligible to apply
· Have NISCC registration or be eligible for registration or have lodged/ is willing to lodge an application with the NISCC.
· Only those applicants who state clearly on their application form that they have the required level of qualification will be considered for interview.
· Current full driving licence
Job Type: Full time Temporary ongoing contracts available
Salary: £12.74 Band 5 per hour
£16.04 Band 6 per hour
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV through the link and one of our dedicated team will be in contact, or call Karen McCready for a confidential chat on 02895211111