Construction & Engineering
MPA Recruitment are working on behalf of their client, a large construction firm based in Dublin to recruit a Site Engineer.
The site engineer will be responsible for the setting out of the site and responsible for the dimensional controls alongside the relevant contract drawings, specification and site surveys. The engineer would have to confirm that all relevant tolerances have been catered for making sure that quality or loss of floor space isn’t affected. The engineer is assigned to review construction outputs and they will need to plan the most efficient sequence of operations; and keeping a focus on the works controls, the works qualities and sound technical advice. All work will be carried out in accordance with company procedures and will have to discharge the duties that are listen in the Safety policies.
Key responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Setting out the works that correspond the drawings, specifications and site surveys
- Liaising with the project planners
- Checking materials and works in progress for complianceSupervising and mentoring junior or trainee engineers.
For the role you will need:
- At least three years post qualification experience with excellent knowledge of the sector.
- To be capable of delivering reports verbally and written in an objective and persuasive manner.
- To display good interpersonal and communication skills
- To act in an independent and professional manner; and has the ability to influence others including senior management.
- To have a working knowledge of Control of Temporary Works.
- The ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts.
- The ability to build excellent and strong relationships with delivery teams and project managers.
- A working knowledge of BIM is advantageous.
- A degree/diploma in a construction related subject and relevant CSCS
- A full driving license
- First Aid course
- Lifting Supervisor certificate
- Temporary Works Coordinator trained
- Qualified or working towards professional status.
For more information please contact Eoghain on 07803 766474