IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the Derry-Londonderry to source a Senior Software Development Engineer to join their team. In this role you will assist the Team Leads and CTO in the development of high-quality software.
- Work on complex work items that require out of the box thinking.
- Be able to design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies.
- Take the lead on projects with confidence.
- Work with the Team Lead and CTO to plan and follow the product roadmap.
- Ensure there is consistent use of shared platform components and technologies.
- Assist in defining the team’s technical strategy.
- Ability to write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation if required.
- Liaise with the product manager and team leads to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features as well as monitoring technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
- Along with the Team Lead, the Senior Engineer will technically lead and guide development engineers to improve quality at all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Continuously demonstrates a willingness and persistence to innovate personally.
- Exhibits strong determination to overcome hurdles, solve a problem and complete the job.
- Anticipates unplanned events and adjusts accordingly.
- Seeks better ways to do things.
- Is willing to put in extra effort to meet set deadlines and goals.
- A third level degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ postgraduate relevant software development experience in a commercial environment providing technical leadership on complex / challenging technical projects
- A proven ability to deliver high quality, working code.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs
- C# knowledge
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.