Construction & Engineering
MPA Recruitment are working on behalf of their Large Northern Irish Construction firm to hire a Senior QS.
The role will be based in Belfast but will require regularly travelling between the UK and Ireland. As a Senior QS it is one of your roles that you would be responsible for the negotiation and finishing contracts for the supplying of work, goods, materials and services. You will be responsible for gathering and going over information to aid the decision making of the site team.
It is expected that you would monitor contract progress against agreed programmes, control the costs against agreed budgets, prepare and agree the interim valuations and finalise accounts. In addition to those roles you will prepare and agree any necessary claims for reimbursements and for loss and expenses.
As a Senior Qs you will be responsible for the evaluation of potential implications for dispute resolution. It is important that you can contribute and develop as appropriate the health and safety, welfare, quality and the risks in accordance with the management systems that are already set in place.
You will be expected to;
- Prepare, negotiate and analyse the costs for tenders and contracts
- Ensure sub-contractors are pre-qualified in line with management systems
- Procure sub-contractors and prepare sub-contractor order documentation
- Assess and certify sub-contractor interim payments and issue appropriate payment/pay-less notices
- Advise on legal and contractual issues
- Prepare interim valuations and final accounts
- Manage and value variations
- Produce monthly cost value on contracts
- Establish, enhance and maintain effective working relationships
- Plan, evaluate and allocate work carried out by the team’s individuals and self.
It is essential that you are;
- Degree Qualified
- Experienced in construction
- Able to display sound commercial awareness
- Able to show excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Can show high levels of organisational skills
- Are able to meet deadlines
- Able to show excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
For more information please contact Eoghain on 07803 766474