On behalf of our Client, MPA Recruitment welcomes suitable applications for the role of Senior Project Manager.
The Postholder will take lead responsibility for the management and delivery of a range of complex Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Systems and Projects.
The Postholder will provide a specialist IT service which focuses on the delivery of complex ICT Projects.
The Senior Project Manager is an integral part of the programme team and their contribution is key to ensuring that the programme successfully achieves its objectives. They are responsible for the leadership, management and delivery of all regional Blueprint Programme workstream/s and programme activities assigned to them. They will be proactive in the engagement and enabling of programme stakeholders to contribute to the collaborative development and implementation of programme plans and outputs.
The post holder will clearly demonstrate their commitment to the clients values in their approach and contribute to ensuring programme alignment with the clients Collective leadership Strategy in the performance of their role.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Provide leadership and direction to the workstream / project Chairs and members to ensure project alignment with overall programme plans and objectives, and avoidance of duplication;
- Ensure effective design of workstream / project structures for effective governance, management, assurance and reporting in line with programme requirements.
- Take lead responsibility for the collaborative development of workstream / project plans with stakeholders, and hold lead responsibility for managing delivery in alignment with the programme plan.
- Tap into stakeholder networks and use information to predict, identify, manage, report and escalate project risks and issues in line with project and programme governance arrangements, to include including budgetary costs, strategy, and timeframes;
- Identify and prioritise workstream / project activities for implementation and investment aligned to intended programme outcomes;
- Identify and manage dependencies within own workstream/projects, between own and other programme workstreams / projects, and with other activities outside the programme where they impact on own workstream/project.
- Ensure timely accurate recording and implementation of workstream/project decisions in line with the programme approach;
A university degree or professional qualification and 3 years project management experience;
5 years project management experience within a major organisation*
*Major complex organisation - an organisation with at least 200 staff or an annual budget of at least £50 million and having to meet a wide range of objectives requiring a high degree of co-ordination with a range of stakeholders.
Have previous experience utilising project and / or programme methodology (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP or similar methodology).
Have experience of leading complex projects, including overseeing a number of projects simultaneously that complement each other, ideally but not necessarily within a programme environment.
Have experience of leading regional, multi-organisational change to deliver successful outcomes.
Have at least 3 years’ experience managing teams of people to deliver against common business objectives.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Agency which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.