Job Role: - Band 8A Senior Project Manager
The Postholder will take lead responsibility for the management and delivery of a range of complex Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Systems and Projects. The Postholder will provide a specialist IT service which focuses on the delivery of complex ICT Projects.
The post holder will work with customers to support them across a range of areas including contributing to the development of an ICT strategy, developing a plan to for the implementation of that strategy, identifying ICT solutions to support that implementation, identifying opportunities for systems development.
The post holder may also manage the delivery of the ICT elements of those solutions if required. In order to do this, the post holder will work with the customer, other teams within ITS, external Suppliers and other public sector bodies.
In line with our clients “Good Practice” the Postholder will ensure that “Projects In Controlled Environments 2” (PRINCE2) and specific client Project and Programme Management Standards and Practices are applied and adhered to in all the projects that they have responsibility for.
Location: - Belfast
Hours of Work: - 37.5 Hours (Mon- Fri)
Salary: - (£41,995- 49,476)
What the role entails:
- Successfully delivering short time bounded complex ICT projects to time and budget as directed by the clients Senior Management, the individual project Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) and Project Boards, as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively and innovatively with all stakeholders to develop business cases.
- Undertaking desktop analysis of customer business plans, internal policies, strategy, operation and performance management documents to identify and report on how ICT can further facilitate customers in meeting their corporate objectives and deliverables.
- Review of customer business identifying risks in terms of availability, supportability and capacity. Propose options to address identified risks, including budgetary costs, procurement strategy and timeframes.
- Identification of solutions to address requirements which may use innovative technologies or transformation to digital business.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to customer Senior Management.
- The management and delivery of the relevant project and documentation in line with our clients Standards and Practices and PRINCE2 project management standards.
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 years in the last 5 years in a project management role;
Have worked for at least 5 years in the last 7 years in a project management role
- within a major organisation
- Have experience of leading complex ICT supported projects with a budget of over £100,000
Have at least 3 years’ experience managing teams of people
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.