Senior Control System Engineer
Monrovia, California, United States
MPA has been appointed by one of the fastest growing and leading Digital Health organisations in North America to source a Senior Control System Engineer to join their growing team in their lab in Monrovia, California.
Our client is a leading at-home health testing company, with a platform that allows consumers to discover and access personalised health information conveniently, confidentially, and accurately. They empower people to take an active role in their health to live longer, happier lives.
They are looking for a Senior Control System Engineer at their clinical laboratory based in Monrovia, CA. You'll have a strong background in delivering automation systems from design to commissioning and can coordinate with all internal and external vendors to ensure project delivery as well as implementation of full scale end-to-end automation solutions for scaling laboratory operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathers user/stakeholder needs, develops requirements, develops process specifications, develops process and system architectures to meet those specifications and requirements, writes scripts, instrument methods, conducts unit testing, and conduct post launch support.
- Interface with stakeholders in reviews and routine meetings.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Develop and integrate automation systems with related software tools.
- Work with third party platforms for collaborative robotic design.
- Integrate ancillary robotics such as swap arms or similar.
- Refine needs into requirements, derive specifications from requirements
- Map specifications and requirements into system or process architectures
- Oversee the testing associated with installation and operational qualifications, method validations and continued method verification.
- Provide end user documentation/education to laboratory staff to operate and perform basic troubleshooting for automated systems.
- Work closely with laboratory management to identify and implement process improvements.
Stay abreast of developments in laboratory automation and recommend upgrades / new systems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Motoman Platform
- Languages: C++, PERL, MATLAB, RobotC
- Applications: AutoCAD
- Exposure to system architecture tools is a plus
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases is a plus.
What we are looking for;
- B.S. / M.S. in an Engineering or Science discipline, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Work as part of a dedicated team with an emphasis on global success
- Work in a fast-paced and rapidly expanding Healthcare and Technical company with a clear focus on personal health improvements
- Free testing kits monthly to monitor your own health
- Competitive salary
To find out more about this position or to discuss further please send an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.