£31,371 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment, on behalf of our Housing Association client have been appointed to recruit a Senior Communications Officer based in their Head office in Derry-Londonderry. This is a full time temporary 9-month contract, the salary is £31,371per annum pro rata, this role offers excellent career opportunity.
Your New Role
This exciting post will give the right candidate the opportunity to manage in-house communications and take responsibility for developing and delivering communication plans to maintain reputation, raise the Association profile and maximize opportunities to build the brand.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Association’s media relations including handling incoming media enquiries and preparing media statements to promote and protect the reputation of the Association.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and developing relationships with journalists and other relevant communications and media contacts.
- Lead in the identification of key target audiences and messages, select the appropriate media, monitor impact, respond, and evaluate feedback for on-going improvement.
- Manage reputational risk to the organisation through proactive and reactive media relations. Work with PR Consultants in co-ordinating responses in a crisis situation.
- Maximise opportunities to enhance the profile of the Association by pitching stories to local media and publications.
- Prepare media commentary and press releases, finding new and future stories to maximise the work of the Association.
- Liaise with and brief photographers and video production companies to effectively illustrate the work of the Association.
- Implement Association’s Communications Strategy.
- Provide professional communications advice to SMT, managers and staff on the communication implications of Association activity.
- Support SMT, managers and employees in identifying communications opportunities and develop appropriate communications plans to support the delivery of their objectives.
- Manage Association’s online channels of communication (websites and social media) including the timely drafting of high-quality content and the production of attractive graphics and images.
- Lead the management of internal staff communication, in particular the creation and distribution of Associations monthly staff e-zine.
- Provide regular performance monitoring reports to SMT (media coverage, website traffic, etc).
- Lead in the co-ordination and production of corporate publications/Liaise with advertising agencies, designers, and printers.
- Assist with proof reading, copy writing, editing copy and information collection.
- Co-ordinate all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities in line with approved business plans and budgets and demonstrate their impact
- Organise and manage corporate events and advise on event planning to ensure communication of key messages and appropriate brand values.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations/video clips for events/conferences etc.Assist with Tenders
What you’ll need to exceed
The essential criteria for the post requires,
- A third level qualification in a marketing related subject+ 2 years’ experience in a similar communications and marketing role
- or educated to A-level standard or equivalent+5 years’ experience in a similar communications and marketing role
- Experience of implementing marketing and communication strategies and the production of marketing and communication materials.
- Demonstrable experience of managing content for websites and utilising social media in a marketing capacity.
- Experience of dealing with advertising, PR/ communication briefs.A track record of proven delivery, demonstrating both creative and analytical skills.
- An understanding of digital marketing practice.
- Excellent level of IT literacy to include proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to write articles for press and print and digital media.
- Experience of using web content management systems and online e-zine systems. Experience of using online graphic design tools
- Experience of using effective file management on file sharing platforms
This is not an opportunity to be missed, to apply please send an updated copy of your CV to Brenda.email@example.com or call Brenda in the strictest of confidence to discuss further and/or request a full job description/Specification on 02871360070.