IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a Systems Engineer to support Infrastructure environment and Enterprise Applications. This individual will work across Infrastructure Management and related technologies & products. The role provides application administration and support, change management, problem management and capacity/performance management.
This role is designed for someone who has a real passion for problem solving and root cause analysis skills. You must have the ability to develop solutions, document and deliver outcomes to stakeholders and non-technologists. Further requirements are as follows:
- Excellent understanding of and experience in delivering architectural solutions using new and emerging technologies
- Capable of producing well documented requirements, developing designs, preparing and executing implementation plans
- Proficiency in understanding, analysing and defining corrective actions from data provided in logs, traces, and heap dumps.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Strong grasp of automation tools and data management skills
Skills and requirements.
- In depth system administration knowledge of Wintel server operating systems
- In depth system administration knowledge of multiple server operating systems; Linux – RHEL, CentOS / Unix – AIX
- Application & Web Servers – Tomcat, Apache, IIS
- Databases – MS SQL
- LDAP / Security / Active Directory
- Knowledge of VMware Virtualisation Platform
- Knowledge of Storage Platforms – SAN / NAS
- Centralised monitoring, alerting & trending – Splunk / Dynatrace
- Cloud Computing – AWS / Azure.
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.