Senior Android Engineers
Canada / US Remote
MPA has been appointed by one of the fastest growing and leading Digital Health organisations in North America to source Intermediate and Senior Android Engineers to join their growing team on a remote basis. You will be joining an organisation that has grown significantly in recent years to become a leader within the Digital Health sector by bringing much-needed innovation to the stagnant health care industry.
We’re looking for Android Engineers to help our client deliver their category-defining mobile experience. In this role, you will work as part of a small cross-functional team to iteratively deliver value to their customers. Each of their product delivery teams is responsible for shipping an important piece of their roadmap, as well as continually maintaining and improving a specific area of their product.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your code and enjoy incorporating the business objectives into your approach to development. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can balance technical trade-offs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
They’re hiring multiple people for this role, and looking for candidates with deep expertise in Android.
In this role, you will:
· Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven engineering team
· Participate in technical design and planning discussions
· Collaborate closely with UX designers to build new features and delight their members
· Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
· Support and mentor junior members of the team
· Live our team values of ownership, pragmatism, cooperation, and empathy for our customers
· You have extensive experience building and maintaining native Android apps
· You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
· You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and know how to bring complex designs to reality
· You are a strong communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers without a problem
· When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
· Experience in a start up environment is a plus!
Our clients platform and applications run on Google Cloud. They build their backend services with Go and MongoDB, web apps with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS apps.
To find out more about this position please send an up-to-date resume to email@example.com or click apply now to submit your resume.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.