£9.55 to £0 Per Hour
MPA are seeking to recruit several Grounds Maintenance Operatives for work in the Newtonabbey Borough.
The successful candidates will be assigned to a site within the Local Borough. These positions are seasonal and are expected to run for a period of 26 weeks.
Ground Maintenance Duties will include:
- Maintenance of grounds & horticultural areas to include Playgrounds, Cemeteries, Parks and Pitches.
- Maintenance duties such as litter and leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, weed control operations, administering fertilisers and praying pesticides.
- Routine constructional labouring to include the backfilling of graves.
- Cleaning of communal buildings, toilets, showers, changing rooms and community areas.
- Implementation of adverse weather programmes i.e salt/flooding.
- Removal of hazardous waste and ensuring correct disposal.
- 1 Years’ experience in horticultural work- to include flowerbed maintenance & planting.
- A working knowledge of grass cutting, grounds maintenance techniques and horticultural materials.
- A satisfactory level of general fitness, due to significant manual handling elements of the post.
- Full Current UK Driving Licence to include C1+E
- CPC Driver Qualification card holder
- Hold PA1 & PA6A Qualification for safe use of pesticides
- NVQ L1 in Amenity Horticulture
- NPTC in use of Chainsaws
If you would like to register interest for this postition please forward an up to date CV.
If would like further information or assistance please call Tina on 02895211111