£9.75 to £0 Per Hour
MPA are seeking to recruit a number of Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Drivers for work within the Antrim Borough.
Drivers will be required to carry out general ground maintenance duties, as well as driving a vehicle and trailer combination of up to 8.25 tonnes.
Successful candidates will be placed across various sites within the Newtonabbey Borough.
Grounds Maintenance Driver Duties will include:
- Operate vehicles and tools as necessary to perform assigned duties.
- Complete daily checks on vehicles, machines and equipment to include tyres, water, fuel and oil.
- Ensuring grounds & horticultural areas are maintained to include Playgrounds, Cemeteries, Parks and Pitches.
- Carry out maintenance duties such as litter and leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, weed control operations, administering fertilisers and praying pesticides.
- Routine constructional labouring to include the backfilling of graves.
- Cleaning of communal buildings, toilets, showers, changing rooms and community areas.
- Implementation of adverse weather programmes i.e salt/flooding.
- Removal of hazardous waste and ensuring correct disposal.
- Full Current Driving Licence
- 2 Years’ experience in horticultural work to include flowerbed maintenance & planting.
- A working knowledge of grass cutting, grounds maintenance techniques and horticultural materials.
- A satisfactory level of general fitness, due to significant manual handling elements of the post.
- Valid C1+E Licence.
- Valid CPC Driver Qualification Card.
- PA1 & PA6A certificate for safe use of pesticides.
- NVQ L2 Qualification in Amenity Horticulture.
- Qualification in Road Management/Traffic Control.
- NPTC in use of chainsaws.
To register interest for this position please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or assistance please call Tina on 02895211111