Construction & Engineering
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Scale 4 Supplies Technician for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To monitor and record levels of stock and non-stock items, liaising with suppliers and raising replenishment orders as required using the electronic stock management system.
- To identify, remove and list redundant stock for disposal and prepare items for back loading and disposal including, but not limited to, parts, IT equipment, uniforms, ladders and vehicles in accordance with Disposal Policy.
- To organise the procurement of products for stock, where the product group is under specified cost limits (currently below £5K), in line with financial and procurement regulations.
- To assist the Supplies Team Leaders to implement and enforce an effective and efficient security and controls framework within the supplies service.
- To issue and receipt impress stock items under agreed arrangements.
- To collect and deliver ordered goods from local suppliers as required.
- To replenish stocks held by remote and mobile stores, ensuring appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- To undertake stocktaking and internal audit activities as directed by the Supplies Team Leaders and in accordance with policy.
- To process all orders in line with current service policy and in a timely and exacting manner to ensure downtime of vehicles & equipment is kept to a minimum.
Possess an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
A minimum of three years' experience within a demanding multi-commodity* stores environment, to include experience using an electronic stores management system.
Possess an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
A minimum of four years' experience within a demanding multi-commodity* stores environment, to include experience using an electronic stores management system.
A minimum of five years' experience within a demanding multi-commodity* stores environment, to include experience using an electronic stores management system.
2. Working knowledge of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
- effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member;
- effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
- a customer service orientation.
4. Possess a full, current UK driving licence category B which enables them to fulfil the full
requirements of the role.
- Possess a Forklift Licence
- Demonstrate experience of contract management.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.