up to £1,150 Per Hour
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Scale 5 Affordable Warmth Project Officer for a full-time, temporary position in the Newtownabbey area.
Duties and responsibilities:
Be responsible to the Principal Environmental Health Officer for the effective and efficient, delivery of the Affordable Warmth Programme.
Ensure that all duties and tasks assigned to the post holder are performed in accordance with Council policies, procedures and specified time and quality targets so that effective contribution is made to the development and achievement of the Environmental Health Plan and delivery of Best Value services.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES·To undertake programmed household surveys across the Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council area.
- Assist in the preparation, planning and administration of the survey work.
- To assist in the effective delivery of the programme and development of procedures as required to ensure compliance with the Department for Communities Project Operational Procedures.
- Attend Project Team Meetings to update and report on survey progress and associated issues.
- To ensure that all Council procedures are correctly adhered to and such records are maintained in the fulfilment of these requirements.
- To assist with the development of publicity materials and organisation of public information events as required.
- To attend public, community and other group meetings as required, giving advice and support and promoting awareness of relevant programmes and opportunities as necessary.
- To liaise with a range of project stakeholders, including the general public, other statutory and voluntary bodies.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (Grades A-C) or equivalent including English Language and Mathematics
A minimum of 1 year’s experience in the following:
- Dealing directly with the members of the public in a customer service capacity, including those in vulnerable situations (e.g. elderly, on low incomes, with disabilities etc)
- Giving advice, support and promoting awareness of a programme/scheme or initiative
- Survey work
- Dealing with confidential/sensitive information
- Knowledge of the issues facing Local Government in Northern Ireland and the public’s expectations of Council services.
- IT Literacy to include experience of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Access or any other database application
37 Hours per week including evening and Saturday working.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.