up to £1,035 Per Hour
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Scale 4 Administrator for a full-time, temporary position in the Lisburn area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused administrative service to all functions within the relevant Area Command as well as to other internal and external customers, in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures and relevant legislation e.g. Data Protection.
- To prepare and collate relevant information, letters, memos, statistics, reports and other documents for management, committees or working groups as required, including for board reports, annual reports, statutory returns and information relating to budgets.
- To design, create and maintain databases, spreadsheets and other documents, ensuring that all computerised and manual systems used by the various functions are maintained accurately and on a timely basis.
- To provide advice, guidance, and support, where applicable, on current administrative processes to both uniformed personnel and support staff.
- To assist in monitoring and reviewing of administrative systems and processes, identifying areas for improvement and implementing change in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- To set up and maintain suitable physical and electronic records and filing systems, which will include handling sensitive information and disciplinary records.
- To provide all administrative support for meetings, as required, including preparation for the meeting, taking minutes and any follow up administrative tasks.
- Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths, and
Have at least two years’ experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
2. Demonstrate a working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft applications, to include, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
3. Can demonstrate:
- effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
- the ability to work individually and as part of a team;
- effective communication skills (both oral and written);
- an ability to produce timely and accurate information;
- a customer service orientation
- Experience of taking and producing minutes and action plans arising from meetings.
- Experience of working within local government or the public sector.
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.