Finance & Accounting
up to £1,035 Per Hour
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Scale 4 Accounts Service Administrator for a full-time, temporary position in the Lisburn area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To process payments and income in an efficient, effective, accurate and timely manner and in compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice.
- To assist as required in the preparation of internal and statutory returns to ensure compliance with legislation, financial instructions, scheme of delegation, policies, procedures and best practice.
- To operate within the control framework in place within the department.
- To assist with end of month and end of year accounts procedures to support the preparation of the financial and management accounts and other statutory returns.
- To assist the Senior Accounts Services Administrator to implement internal and external audit recommendations and assist as required with the provision of information to internal and external auditors
- To assist with the set up and transmission of BACS payments as required.
To liaise with other departments across the organisation to follow up outstanding invoices and resolve queries to ensure timely payment
- Possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs at ‘A’, ‘B’, or ‘C’ grades or equivalent (including English Language and Mathematics).
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience working in an Accounts Office environment to include:
- processing payments and income; and
- working with a computerised accounts package.
- effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as a team member;
- effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information;
- a customer service orientation.
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications
- Hold or be working towards a membership of an Accounting Body i.e. CCAB or AAT/ATI
- Experience of working in the public sector
36.25 hours per week
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.