MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading Hotel in the North West to source an experienced Sales and Marketing Co-Ordinator to join their team. The successful candidate will be leading a team to actively convert wedding enquiries into confirmed sales, as well as leading the businesses online strategy, pushing the hotels brand and presence.
You will pro-actively identify customer needs and provide solutions to match them and effectively communicate with clients throughout the booking process to ensure full understanding and management of client requirements and identification of further opportunities.
We are seeking a great personality to share their passion for the hospitality industry and someone who has the ability to motivate and inspire their team in order to generate further business for the hotel. You will be working in a busy environment which requires a consistency in customer service, flexibility and being able to work well under pressure.
- 3 years’ experience working in a sales and marketing role.
- Experience in events, ideally in a hotel/wedding/conference environment.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for detail and good writing experience will be required.
- A driven and analytical mind-set, passionate about using your skills to drive growth.
- Experience of delivering innovative marketing campaigns, preferably in the hotel sector.
- Demonstrable ability to take the lead on a project and see it through to completion.
- Computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and scheduling tools.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously.
- Excellent creative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Degree in marketing, PR or equivalent.
- Experience in managing a sales and marketing team within the hotel sector.
- Manage the development of a strategic sales and marketing plan, ensuring annual targets and objectives are achieved.
- Manage the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Determine and develops marketing communication activities, in conjunction with the management and ultimately, the directors.
- Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Research competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and revenue and increase market share.
- Suggest innovative marketing ideas and develop deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
- Serve as the sales contact for the property leadership team.
- Serve as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
- Serve as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
- Participate in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Identify public relations opportunities and coordinate activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
- Implement a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner
- Implement the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s sales objectives.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develop strong partnerships with local organisations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develop strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Attend local networking events to build relationships and the brand.
- Develop sales goals and strategies and verify alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Execute the sales strategy in order to meet individual booking goals for both self and directors.
- Create effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports.
- Provide day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Manage the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence