Legal & Compliance, Management
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a Risk Manager. You must be able to build a strong risk support and delivery structure within new and existing teams. You will be responsible for the training and development of a team of risk professionals on industry best practices, tools and techniques. You must be a strategic leader who can provide positive leadership and guidance.
You will be responsible for building a risk support framework sourcing, leading, and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact risk practices focused on strategic areas within our client’s business. You will lead a small team to start with in an exciting and engaging environment, where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and partner with other functional leaders across the organisation.
- Build and lead the centralised risk capability of our client
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key business partners, serving as a risk thought leader who leads the plan, build and execution of high-impact risk support services
- Demonstrate and maintain in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues, and the competitive marketplace
- Translate business vision & strategies into actionable roadmaps delivering tangible business outcomes
- Hire, train, retain & lead a team of best-in-class risk professionals; mentor junior staff; create learning & development opportunities, take responsibility for leading, motivating, evaluating, promoting and engaging employees.
- Responsible for ensuring all agreed deadlines for our business partners are met
- Ensure Risk Control Self Assessments are completed to high quality
- Create and review quality Risk Committee meeting material for our business partners
- Ensure Key Risk Indicators and Risk events (internal and external) are monitored and flagged as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Risk management, or Financial Management.
- Understanding of the IT industry and Financial Services, business functions and willingness to research aspects which require a deeper understanding
- Industry certifications in Project Management, Security, Privacy, Cloud, Audit or Financial Risk will be highly considered (e.g. PMP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEH, CCSK, CIPP-E, CIPM, FIP, FRM, ERP)
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience.
- Exposure or knowledge of regulatory examinations/audits an advantage
- Exposure or knowledge of Cyber Security, Privacy, Records management, Business continuity and Vendor Governance is a requirement
- Proven ability to deliver outcomes and delivering project objectives
- Team player with a positive attitude, collaborative mindset and excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills with the ability to Liaise at all levels of the company
- Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff across numerous areas
- Excellent organizational skills
- Agility mindset
- Ability to manage competing priorities through effective communication and time management skills
Travel to the U.S will also be a requirement with this role.
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence