Maternal Newborn & Labour & Delivery
Salary Range: $34 to $49 CAD an hour
MPA Recruitment has been retained by a leading hospital and care complex to recruit a Registered Nurse to join their Maternal Newborn and Labour Delivery team. Our client is a leading hospital organization based in the Thunder Bay region, specialising in Patient and Family Centred Care.
In this role, the ideal candidate will report into the Manager of Labour & Delivery and Maternal Newborn, you will be responsible for providing quality nursing care to patients including complex patient populations whose outcomes are not predictable.
As part of a multidisciplinary health care team, you will practice within the Professional Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, the Philosophy of patient and family centered care, mission vision, values, and the policies held by our client.
· Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Current certification in BCLS
· Recent experience in Maternity and Perinatal nursing with experience in breastfeeding support and the care of complex patient populations, including postoperative surgical patients
· Ability to use the Nursing Process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) in conjunction with her/his basic and ongoing knowledge to arrive at individualized care planning and delivery
· Collaborates and provides consult to Registered Practice Nurse's (RPN) when patients assigned to the RPN become unstable or have outcomes that are not as expected.
· Ability to Identify and recognize abnormal or unexpected patient responses and take appropriate action
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple nursing interventions
· Strong interprofessional and communication skills
· Central Venous Line Management
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification
· Proof off full vaccination of all required doses of a COVID‑19 vaccine approved by Health Canada
· Have certification or recent continuing education in Fetal Health Surveillance, lactation support, perinatal or high-risk perinatal nursing.
· Certification from a formal Perioperative Nursing Course or demonstrated continuing education in Perioperative Nursing
To apply for this position please submit your resume using apply button provided above.
Please ensure your resume is accurate and up to date with full personal contact details, education history, qualifications, and employment history.
MPA Recruitment are operating as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
MPA are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, political opinion, disability, age, race, nationality, or sexual orientation.