Annual distribution of all telephone directories and yellow pages to internal staff. Signing certification of Attendance of Contractors in relation to various contracts, eg:
- Delivery of dust control mats for Reception area for the clients Headquarters.
- Grounds Maintenance.
- Oil Deliveries.
- Disposal of sanitary waste; and
- Boiler Room and air-conditioning maintenance.
Provision of assistance in response to activation of ‘panic button’ within disabled facilities. Responsible for health and safety aspects as set out in the clients Health and Safety Policy. The promotion and support of the principles and practices of all aspects of fairness at work in accordance with the Service’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours, Monday to Friday, (9:00 am - 5:00pm)
What the role entails:
Responsible for operation of backup switchboard:
- 180 lines outgoing; and
- 20 lines incoming.
Responsible for the client’s internal mail system:
- Sorting, filing and distribution of all mail; and
- Date stamp mail received from the clients other Service locations as required.
- Receiving visitors/interviewees and dealing with enquiries.
- Issuing security passes to ensure adherence to the client’s regulations.
- Escorting visitors to appropriate departments/interview room; and
- Updating visitor’s book.
Responsible for ordering visitor’s security passes and other office supplies.
Operation of public address system.
Maintaining Officer/staff availability sheet.
Relief Telephonist duties.
Experience and Qualifications
- Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths
Have at least 2 years’ experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
2. Demonstrate a working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft applications, to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
3. Can demonstrate:
- effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills, and attention to detail.
- the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- effective communication skills (both oral and written);
- an ability to produce timely and accurate information.
- a customer service orientation.
- Experience in managing a busy switchboard.
- Experience of working within local government or the public sector.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Jamie.Winchester@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.