Construction & Engineering
MPA recruitment are working alongside a leading engineering company to source a Quantity Surveyor to join their team. This is a significant organisation which is a true success story in the North West and is continuing to grow; this is a new role within the team representing this ongoing investment in the business.
This role is suited for an ambitious and motivated Quantity Surveyor, who has a great attention to detail. Having excellent analytical and problem solving skills will be a must. You will be responsible for the commercial aspects of your projects, including:
- Identifying and pricing of all variations as and when they occur.
- Managing tender enquires, ensuring value for money is achieved.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting.
- Liaise with engineering teams to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements, providing advice and monitoring throughout.
- Checking measured quantities in pricing documents against drawings, and other tender documents.
- Liaising with the clients regarding the proper valuation of variations and completed work.
The successful candidate with be expected to have 3-5 years experience, minimum, in a quantity surveying role in a construction/engineering business, preferably with a Mechanical and/or Electrical experience. You will have a degree level education within Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Commercial Management or a similar field. It will be beneficial for you to have some level of legal awareness and competence in assessing contract documents and contract requirements.
This role boasts a market-leading salary, alongside excellent opportunities for development and extensive support from within the Commercial Department.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Recruiting Consultant at MPA Recruitment on 028 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.