Construction & Engineering
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading Engineering firm to source a Project Engineer to join their U.S team and be based out of our clients South Carolina Facility. This is a significant organisation which is a true success story in the North West and is continuing to grow; this is a new role within the team representing this ongoing investment in the business.
The vacant position presents the next career step for an ambitious and proficient Engineer to join our clients U.S. team and contribute towards the design and project management of our client’s switchgear product for some of the most prestigious companies in the world.
Reporting to the Senior Lead Engineer and pertaining to design engineering and key project management functions of power distribution production:
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and documentation in line with specification requirements for switchgear.
- Commercial control of key projects including budgets, variations/change orders and pay applications.
- Liaison with key customers, sub-contractors and suppliers, including site surveys and meetings
- Generation of project bill of materials
- Liaison with production scheduler to ensure timely manufacture of project deliverables
Essential Qualifications & Experience
Proven exposure to electrical projects and a track record as follows;
- Proven experience in a related position / comparable role involving exposure to design engineering and managing multiple ongoing projects
- HND or BEng Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Project management skills / Budgets / Costings
- Self-Motivated with a proven ability to meet key project milestones
- Aptitude for problem solving
- An adaptability to respond to a fast-moving business environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We offer a competitive benefits package for U.S. employment that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- U.S. Accommodation allowance
- U.S. Paid Annual leave flights home to Ireland / U.K.
- U.S. Medical Insurance
- U.S. Dental/Vision Insurance
- U.S. Voluntary & Base Life Insurance
- U.S.. Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance
- U.S. 401(k) pension
This role boasts a competitive, salary, alongside a very attractive benefits and relocation package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.