HR & Recruitment, Sales
MPA Recruitment on behalf of our client a well-established manufacturing company based in Antrim require a Procurement Specialist.
The Procurement Specialist will work alongside the Procurement Manager in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to improve business profitability and ensure consistent, quality supply. The successful candidate will be responsible for realising an existing pipeline of material cost-saving projects and developing new opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, working on high value projects that will impact the bottom line from an early stage.
- Deliver cost savings with current suppliers and negotiate price decreases.
- Mitigate proposed cost increases from suppliers.
- Leverage the organization buying power to optimize costs, access new suppliers, reduce lead times, and guarantee supply.
- Manage several concurrent sourcing and contracting projects.
- Take a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers. Implement and support compliance to standards and minimize risk and cost exposure.
- Support due diligence in mitigating all external supplier risk from supplier selection to contract execution.
- Complete any special projects as required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in procurement or 4 years in Supply Chain.
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing supply contracts.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- A proven ability to identify and deliver cost savings.
- Proficient in Microsoft ExcelStrong numerical skills
- Strong commercial acumenExcellent problem solving skills
To apply or for information please send cv to [email protected] or call MPA Belfast on 02895211111