Job Role: Personal Assistant (Band 4)
The postholder will provide support to the Director in an efficient, effective, and high-quality manner and to act as a conduit between the Director, Deputy Director, local offices and all other organisations, to ensure that effective communication is in place at all times.
The post holder will be responsible for co-ordinating a workload which will meet the demands of the Director where appropriate. Prioritise workload and follow up action ensuring all deadlines are met.
Hours of Work- 37.5 hours per week. Mon - Fri (9:00am -5:00 pm)
What the role entails:
- Responsible for the organisation and provision of administrative and secretarial support to the Director of Social Care and Children’s Services. This will include electronic diary management, dictation, word-processing, mail management, file maintenance and the preparation of papers, reports, presentations, briefings etc.
- Comply with established office procedures, maintain and monitor the filing system for the Directorate in line with Information Governance Records Management requirements.
- Research, collation and presentation of information and reports as necessary.
- Taking appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries, ensuring effective messaging and “bring forward” systems are in place and that the necessary follow up action is undertaken.
- Drafting correspondence and reports on behalf of the Director of Social Care and Children’s Services.
- To assist in organising meetings for Director of Social Care and Children’s Services including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, where necessary take and produce minutes and assist with progression of business. The PA will assist in Note Taking/Minutes during Zoom meetings.
- Responsible for initiating and follow up action arising from the Director of Social Care and Children’s Services meetings.
GCSE Math’s and English Grade C or above or equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
NVQ Level 3, 2 ‘A’ Levels or equivalent NQF Level 3 qualification or higher qualification
18 months relevant experience*
3 years relevant experience*
Relevant experience is defined as working in a secretarial role as a PA to include typing, diary management, and communication with all levels in the Organisation and external to the Organisation.
*Must have experience of working as a Personal Assistant at Director or equivalent level.
RSA Stage II (both parts) typing or word processing or equivalent
3 years word processing experience in an office / work environment