Platform Security Engineer
MPA Recruitment has been retained by a leading Digital Health organisation to recruit a Security Engineer, Platform to join their team.
You will be joining an organisation that has grown significantly in recent years to become a leader within the Digital Health sector by bringing much-needed innovation to the stagnant health care industry. Their mission is to help people live healthier, happier lives every day.
As a Platform Engineer within our security engineering group, you will execute on projects that are critical to the security of our platform. Successful candidates will have experience with cloud and containerized infrastructure. Your day to day will include baking security best practices into infrastructure and container base images, taking an active role in vulnerability scanning and remediation and improving our cloud security practices.
Don’t worry if you don’t have prior security experience. You’ll work closely with our security teams who will support your growth in security.
In this role you will:
· Help us select, deploy and manage security critical infrastructure such as SIEMs and secrets managers
· Integrate security best practices into our terraform modules, kubernetes configuration and infrastructure base images
· Deploy and run security scanners and take an active role in vulnerability remediation
· Deploy detection tools which give us early detection of threats in our infrastructure
· Take an active role in implementing our cloud security strategy following cloud best practices
· Consult with our platform engineering teams on security best practices
· Participate in the security engineering incident management process and on-call rotation
· At least 3 years in a role mostly focused on Kubernetes and Cloud
· Prior security experience is not necessary, but exposure to security standards and implementation experience is a strong plus
· Strong experience with Docker and Kubernetes
· Strong experience with Google Cloud Platform is preferable, but AWS or Azure are definitely acceptable
· Strong experience with infrastructure-as-code and using automation tools like Terraform and Ansible
· Strong experience managing Linux based infrastructure
· Experience providing evidence for SOC2 Type 2 or similar audit framework is a strong plus
· Familiarity with Falco, OSSEC or similar intrusion detection systems
· Familiarity with Golang is a strong plus
You will receive a competitive salary along with employee stock options, bonus, leading health benefits and unlimited paid time off.
To find out more or to apply for this position please send an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply.