Construction & Engineering
Planning Manager | Doha, Qatar
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading organization in Qatar to recruit a Planning Manager specialising in the construction of major road and infrastructure projects.
This is a management level position at the center of a challenging program of major infrastructure works. The role will be required to manage all aspects of the planning, scheduling and reporting activities pertaining to the delivery of the multi-billion Qatari Riyal Expressway Program for Qatar. The position is responsible for implementing all the tasks related to planning, scheduling and reporting consistently across the Expressway Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop / update, improve and implement plans, procedures, standards and systems for all the planning, scheduling and reporting related tasks.
- Prepare and maintain project work break down structure and integrated master schedule for the Expressway Program.
- Prepare and maintain consistent progress measurement system with in Expressway Program.
- Support in identifying, developing, and improving plans, procedures, standards and systems for the Expressway department.
- Support in developing / updating and implementing appropriate KPIs for the Expressway Program.
- Analyse and report on the Consultant’s and Contractor’s schedules and progress reports.
- Perform critical path analysis of schedules.
- Prepare independent risk analysis of Consultant’s and Contractor’s Schedules.
- Ensure that approved Baseline Schedule is followed by all the entities involved and the Projects complete with in the budgeted time and cost.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor Degree from a recognised university in a relevant engineering field (for example: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management etc.).
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant post graduate experience on major construction projects, preferably highways and infrastructure out of which a minimum of five years in management role.
- Certificate in use of Primavera P6.
- Master degree in a relevant field.
- Proficiency in Arabic language.
- Chartered Engineer status from a recognised institution.
- Project Management Certification.
- Certificate in use Primavera Contract Manager.
- Driver's License.
Experience & Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of planning and scheduling of roads and infrastructure projects.
- Sound knowledge of different contract forms, e.g.FIDIC.
- Experience in working on latest planning tools and techniques.
- Experience in risk management tools and techniques, e.g.Predict
- Experience in successfully managing a team of planners.
- Sound Knowledge of Extension of Time Claim analysis.
- Experience of working in GCC Countries especially in Qatar.
You will receive a very attractive tax-free salary and family status package.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Conall Anderson at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.