Job Role: Planning Assistant
We are recruiting a Planning Assistant for our public service client based in Lisburn.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have had recent experience working in a planning environment in Northern Ireland and that they are familiar with the Development Management Process.
Location – Lisburn
Hours of Work – 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary - £11.50
What the role entails:
· Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a senior officer.
· Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating professional opinions.
· Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and public inquiries.
· Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Unit in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at court and enforcement appeals.
· Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements.
· Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control.
· Managing technical support staff (if any).
· Dealing with enquiries from the public, by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
· Operating the Planning Units IT Systems.
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
· Third level qualification in a recognised planning qualification, e.g. Planning, Environmental Science, Geography, Architecture, Urban Regeneration
· One year’s post qualification experience working in a Planning Environment to include experience in the preparation and presentation of planning application reports in relation to development and enforcement planning matters.
It is essential that applicants hold a full (i.e. not provisional) and current UK driving licence and access to a car or * have access to a means of transport which would enable the applicant to carry out the duties of the post. *
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.