£9.83 Per Hour
See Job Description
MPA Belfast are recruiting for Pharmacy Technician for their public sector client based in Belfast City Hospital, Knockbracken, Mater, Musgrave and Royal Hospitals, or Victoria Pharmaceuticals, the Plenum Building.
- Communicative English, both written and verbal
- If qualified after June 2009 - BTEC and NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services or equivalent knowledge and competency based qualifications in pharmacy (see below equivalent qualifications) & a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week, OR Technicians holding a BTEC qualification (or equivalent knowledge based qualification) and willing to undertake NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy services plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week.
- If qualified before June 2009 - BTEC level 3 National certificate in Pharmacy Services or equivalent knowledge based qualification in pharmacy (see below equivalent qualifications) plus a minimum of 18 months relevant work-based experience in the UK under the supervision, direction of a pharmacist for not less than 14 hours per week.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Access NI check
The Job Role
- To dispense prescriptions.
- To prepare and package pharmaceutical products.
- To participate in the work of the Distribution/Stores Section.
- To participate in the work of the Aseptic Service Section.
- To participate in the work of the Ward Services Section.
- To participate in the work of the Computer Control Section.
- To participate in the clinical pharmacy service to wards as part of the integrated Medicines Management Service in the Belfast Trust
- To maintain equipment and dispensing areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- To supervise and assist in the training of: Student Technicians, Assistant Technical Officers.
- To ensure that work practices and the working environment conform to the requirements of current legislation and professional recommendations.
- To participate in the weekend and statutory holiday rota.
- To participate in Pharmacy Extended Hours Service.
Main Duties/Responsibilities- Victoria Pharmaceuticals
- Manufacture sterile and non sterile specials on the Victoria Pharmaceuticals product portfolio.
- Daily preparation of all equipment, screens and work areas both within and outside the clean room.
- Cleaning down of these areas at the close of day or as necessary.
- This includes setting up filters and filling equipment.
- Filling solutions for terminal sterilisation into appropriate containers either by hand or using semi-automatic machinery.
- Packing and preparing filled containers for sterilisation including submerging ampoules in dye solutions and applying autoclave tape.
- Labelling and packing of products into forms suitable for issue.
- Placing manufactured batches in quarantine and forwarding samples to Quality Control.
- Participating in regular micro-biological operator checks including finger touch plates and broth transfers.
- To undertake extemporaneous dispensing activity.
- The post holder will be expected to participate in life-long learning, maintain awareness of current practice and attend such courses and training as may be deemed necessary by the Production Manager, Deputy Head of Pharmacy or Head of Pharmacy
- A full job description is available on application
- Cleaning hands either with soap and water or a hand sanitiser at the appropriate times (WHO ‘5 moments’);
- Using the correct ‘7 step’ hand hygiene technique;
- Being ‘bare below the elbows’ when in a clinical environment;
- Following Trust policies and the Regional Infection Control Manual (found on intranet);
- Wearing the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Ensuring correct handling and disposal of waste (including sharps) and laundry;
- Ensuring all medical devices (equipment) are decontaminated appropriately i.e. cleaned, disinfected and/or sterilised;
- Working pattern will be Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- Rate of pay: £9.83 p/h
- Holiday pay accrued from first day of employment
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly pay
- Temporary basis for 6 months initially
If this vacancy is of interest to you, please email your CV/contact details to email@example.com or call 028952 11111