MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 2 Pharmacy Support Worker for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.Main Duties / Responsibilities
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 2 in Pharmacy Services and any additional NVQ2 Pharmacy Services modules relevant to the job role.
- Assisting with the receipt, storage and issue of pharmaceutical products and related clerical duties.
- To undertake the assembly, labelling and packaging of prescribed items and completion of dispensing records.
- Loading pharmacy robot
- Computer input and maintaining appropriate stock levels in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Provision of ward top-ups directly at ward level and within the pharmacy department in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures. Participate in the ordering of Intravenous fluids for wards and departments.
- Participate in preparation of Emergency boxes and kits.
- Assist in dispensary receptionist duties to include receiving work, logging details of work on the prescription tracking system and its progress through the dispensary and contacting wards and departments. Assist in the, issuing of prescribed items.
- Assist with the orientation and training of new staff working in the pharmacy e.g. pharmacy assistants, technicians, pre-registration pharmacists, trainee technicians etc
- Assist in the accurate and safe disposal of redundant medicines as appropriate.
- Participate in the Personal Contribution Framework including the annual development of a Personal Development Plan (PDP) and Personal Development Review (PDR)
- Telephone duties including recording of messages and redirecting incoming calls on telephone system.
- To complete a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 2 in Pharmacy Services.
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent to include English Language and Mathematics.
1 year experience as an Assistant Technical Officer/ Pharmacy Support Worker in a hospital pharmacy department or hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit or as Pharmacy Assistant in retail pharmacy.
Hold an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in Pharmacy Services)
- GCSE Biology or Chemistry at Grade C or above or a GCSE single award science Grade B or above
- Experience in pharmaceutical services
37.5 hours per week, 9am – 5.30pm, Monday – Friday, with regular Saturday morning, Sunday morning and bank holiday shifts also