Job Title Pharmacy Support Worker
MPA are currently recruiting a Pharmacy Support Worker on behalf of our client, who is one of the leading authorities of regulating in the public sector.
The successful applicant will join the team providing the pharmaceutical service for our client. The person appointed will be involved in the work of the various sections providing the pharmaceutical service and will work under the supervision of the section managers.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practise for Pharmacy Support Staff and complete any additional training/ competency assessment relevant to the role.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Pay Rate: £9.50 PH
- Complete a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practise for Pharmacy Support Staff.
- Assist with the receipt, storage and issue of pharmaceutical products and related clerical duties.
- Undertake the assembly, labelling and packaging of prescribed items and completion of dispensing records.
- Load pharmacy robot.
- Be responsible for computer input and maintaining appropriate stock levels in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Be responsible for the provision of ward top-ups directly at ward level and within the pharmacy department in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures. Participate in the ordering of Intravenous fluids for wards and departments.
- Participate in preparation of Emergency boxes and kits.
- Assist in dispensary receptionist duties to include receiving work, logging details of work on the prescription tracking system and its progress through the dispensary and contacting wards and departments. Assist in the, issuing of prescribed items.
- Assist with the orientation and training of new staff working in the pharmacy e.g. pharmacy assistants, technicians, pre-registration pharmacists, trainee technicians etc.
- Assist in the accurate and safe disposal of redundant medicines as appropriate.
- Participate in our clients Staff Development Review including the annual development of a Personal Contributions/ Objectives Plan and Personal Development Plan.
- Be responsible for telephone duties including recording of messages and redirecting incoming calls on telephone system.
- Conduct oneself in an appropriate manner and maintain required standards of appearance and dress.
- Maintain records and filing.
- Participate in weekend and statutory holiday rota.
- Participate in Pharmacy Extended Hours Services.
5 GCSE's grades A-G or equivalent, must include Maths and English.
Hold a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles and Practise for Pharmacy Support Staff
an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in Pharmacy Services).
Willing to undertake a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Principles and Practise for Pharmacy Support Staff.
- GCSE in a core Science subject grade C / 4 or above.
- Experience of working within hospital or community pharmaceutical Team
- Experience of Working in stock management such as Stores/Warehouse/Distribution Centre.