Wonderful Opportunity for a warm and dynamic leader to deliver gold standard care to service users in one of Ireland's most supportive care homes,
MPA are working closely to attract an ADON or DON looking for a new challenge.
Our client has several care homes in Ireland and is growing. We are looking for a leader with a vision to be the best care provider in the country, and promote the development of staff and the health and well-being of the homes service users. If you are warm and welcoming and kind and have the energy to develop new ways of empowering and advocating for service users then we would like to hear from you.
About the Role
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person in Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA National Quality Standards.? **
- Oversee the organisation, management and operations of all aspects of the Nursing Home in coordination with the Registered Provider.
- lead and develop clinical staff to deliver high standards of care and improve knowledge and learning ?
- Use leadership styles that have a positive impact on staff morale and the Nursing Home environment. ?
- Establish and maintain a high standard of professional practice which supports the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents. ?
- Contribute and maintain a safe environment to safeguard care home service users from abuse and neglect and record and report standards with the regulatory bodies
- Treat all service users with Respect and Equality. ?
- Promote, encourage the practice of holistic, Person centred care. ?
- Must be available to work night and weekend shifts as required
- Must have an active NMBI Pin and Nursing qualification
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required). ?
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training. Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
- Minimum three years’ previous work experience in a management capacity is essential. ?
- Minimum three years’ experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last six years’. ?
- Minimum six years’ post-registration nursing experience. ?
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people. ?
- Full Irish Driver’s License and access to own transport is essential.
Please apply today with your CV or call Theresa on 028 7136 0070