The Payroll Officer will be responsible for effective financial and payroll related support to the Financial Accounting Manager and be a key liaison between the client and their affiliates
The Payroll Officer will act as the technical expert for the Client on payroll related matters, providing advice as required ensuring all relevant knowledge is shared widely as appropriate. He / she will manage the provision of a comprehensive range of financial and payroll related services including payroll controls and ensure key deliverables are provided in accordance with the SLA agreement.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the Financial Accounting Manager and Assistant Director of Accounting & Financial Services in the implementation of rigorous control protocols for payroll, travel and sickness expenditure and assist in developing the client’s policy to achieve greater financial control and accuracy in financial reporting. Ensure that processes and procedures comply with internal financial controls and audit requirements.
· Prepare and provide regular system reporting for accurate management information, including Payroll system reporting. Develop and improve existing ad-hoc reports on financial and payroll related issues.
· Responsible for reviewing overpayments calculated by Payroll Service Centre and review correction on the payroll system. Where appropriate, look to identify any Trust training requirements or procedural changes to reduce the risk of overpayments in the future.
· Manage payroll enquiries from client staff and correspondence in a prompt and confidential manner and escalate significant/urgent issues directly with Payroll Shared Services. The post holder will need to be capable of dealing with complex payroll queries.
1. Hold a relevant university degree and have one years’ experience at band 4 or equivalent in Payroll.
OR Hold a HNC/HND and have two years’ experience in Payroll at Band 4 or equivalent.
OR Have four years’ experience in Payroll at Band 4 level or equivalent.
2. Have two years’ experience in using excel and developing expertise in Excel to inform decisions regarding payroll.
1. Previous experience of using HRPTS/SAP within a payroll capacity.
2. One year’s experience in the supervision or co-ordination of staff.
Hours of Work –37.5 Hours Per Week (Mon- Fri)