Finance & Accounting
MPA are recruiting a payroll assistant for one of their leading Public sector clients in Derry/LDerry.
The key purpose of the role is to assist with the day to day administration of the Payroll function and associated expenses including processing, validating, payment BACS in compliance with PAYE, Superannuation Scheme, stakeholder requirements including legislative, statutory, regulatory requirements and Council procedures.
Interpret, implement and process National Joint Council (NJC) terms and conditions of service and related matters.
Applicants must possess:
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs, Grade A-C or equivalent including English and a numerical subject.
• A minimum of two years’ experience within a Payroll environment. This experience must include:
- Experience in the use of specialised payroll software with an organisation employing a minimum of 100 employees.
- Administration of public or private sector pension schemes
- Input and validation of payroll data ie timesheets/printouts.
- Creating statistical and financial reports.
- Use of Microsoft applications including Excel for data manipulation.
• Applicants who do not possess the above academic qualification will be considered if they can demonstrate three years’ experience as outlined above.
• Knowledge of Pension Schemes eg automatic enrolment.
• Knowledge and understanding of statutory rules and regulations ie SSP/SMP/SPP etc.
Any further queries do not hesitate to contact Brenda on 02871360070 or alternatively email [email protected]