DO LM 0804
Our client based in South Derry is seeking a Development Officer to join their team on a part-time contract.
- Planning and Reporting
- Ensure that strong strategic and annual planning processes are in place to produce effective plans for approval by the Board;
- interfacing between Board and staff.
- Enable the Board to fulfill its governance function.
- Compliance with legislation and regulatory bodies is monitored
- Consult with the Deaf Community on a regular basis.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submit funding applications, reporting to funding bodies and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Ensure that an adequate and sound financial structure is in place; review annually increases in cost of interpreters, consultants, tutors; review annually charges for service delivery, sales and room hire.
Public Relations & Marketing
- Evaluate and review development and operational policies.
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders including funders, contract counterparts, customers and partners.
- Ensure the development of effective and innovative lobbying strategies to government and service providers in order to promote equal opportunities, human rights, social inclusion and an awareness of the Deaf Community.
- Ensure that Trustees and Deaf members fully understand the Sign Language Framework and have the opportunity to feed into the legislative process.
For further information please contact Leanne on 028 71360070 or to apply forward your CV to the email address provided.