Job Role: Cleansing Operative
We are recruiting a Cleansing Operative for our public service client based in Belfast.
To be responsible to the relevant line manager for undertaking any of the duties listed associated with any of the following functions and within the prevailing establishment
- Waste Collection
- Street Cleansing
Location - Belfast
Hours of Work - 07:30 - 15:30 Monday to Friday
Salary - £9.81 - £19.62 per hour
What the role entails:
- To work according to operational rosters as specified by management.
- To start and finish at the appropriate depot daily and undertake to required standards in all weather conditions any cleansing, waste collection priority waste or cleansing activity in any relevant location.
- To use and operate any collection system, equipment and associated materials as required. To ensure the safe use and storage of such equipment and to report any defects to management in a timely manner; for example, bin lifts or tail lifts.
- To assist with the collation of any required data including the use of any computerised or manual data capture systems and to present any necessary reports as required.
- To ensure that all operations are carried out with due regard to property and with minimum disturbance to members of the public, hence bins etc should be emptied and returned to their proper location undamaged and lids should be replaced. Appropriate mechanical aids should be used where access permits, spillages should be cleared up and gates should be closed.
- To report back accordingly on completion of the day’s route and to inform management of any missed collections and any collections required from new premises or any unfinished work or problems encountered and to return to any premises or area overlooked on the days route.
- To safely collect or load or store any segregated waste or street arisings as identified by management, for transport to the designated transfer/disposal site.
- To obtain and use keys for access to gated entries as appropriate and to report any access problems to the appropriate line manager.
- To assist the driver in the safe manoeuvring of the vehicle on the round and to assist the mechanical sweepers as required by sweeping litter on footpaths into road channels.
- To cleanse pole mounted and freestanding litter bins to the required standard.
- To distribute plastic bags at holiday periods.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have at least six months’ relevant experience of each of the following:
- cleaning an outdoor area;
- dealing with members of the public, in a face-to-face environment; and
- dealing with health and safety issues, including the safe use of machinery and/or equipment.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.