Job Role: Parks Gardener
We are recruiting a Parks Gardener for our public service client based in Belfast
To be responsible to the City Parks Manager or other appropriate officer for the undertaking of work in parks, playing fields, landscaped areas and open spaces either individually or as part of a team.
Location - Belfast
Hours of Work -7:30- 15:30 Monday to Friday ( weekend hours may be available )
Salary - £10.01 - £20.02 per hour
What the role entails:
- To maintain the orderly condition of grounds, that is, sweeping, hoeing, raking, mowing, edging, removal of litter and rubbish etc.
- To maintain buildings, that is cleaning (sweeping, mopping and dusting), movement of equipment and materials (tables, chairs and machinery).
- To carry out labour associated with soil cultivation, manuring, site preparation and construction.
- To carry out grass cutting, hedge cutting and pruning.
- To use powered hand tools and light plant to perform duties.
- To load, unload and move equipment and materials such as mowers, barrows, plants, soil, fertilisers, horticultural tools and sundries.
- To maintain all tools and equipment in a satisfactory condition including the cleaning of garden tools and basic cleaning and maintenance of lawnmowers.
- To assist the higher graded Gardeners in their work.
- To assist in the development of horticultural schemes.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, relevant experience of each of the following:
- undertaking gardening duties, for example, grass cutting, hedge trimming, planting, etc. and using powered hand tools;
- making sure all equipment and chemicals are safely used and stored in accordance with health and safety regulations; and
- dealing with members of the public, in person.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.