IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Oracle PL/SQL Developer to join their team. They are looking for an experienced individual, preferably with an Investments/Financial background who will be building scalable enterprise applications. The ideal candidate should be proficient in Oracle database development.
This position requires an individual capable of working independently and in a variety of capacities. You must have strong credentials as well as excellent communication skills to be considered for this position.
- Independently perform hands on development and unit testing of the applications
- Work in a team environment with business, Oracle, On Call Support and throughout the whole software development cycle
- Responsible to identify and resolve any performance issues
- Capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines, while demonstrating flexibility in order to deliver urgent requests when necessary
- Follow company software development processes and standards
- Keep up to date with new technology development and implementation
- Strong performance ethos and personal commitment for outstanding customer service
- Prepare accurate estimates for work
- Ensure that SLA’s are managed to customer expectations
- Provide on call support to the application
- Collect metrics to ensure visibility on Pramerica achievements
- Exposure in ETL, data partition, data analysis, data mining, data mapping, comprehensive mapping of target data to its source, data modelling, data flow concepts
- Run and compile reports, Write SQL queries and create/update reports
- Test data accuracy and data quality
- Analyse large data sets, discover data anomalies and leverage data.
Skills for the role:
- Intimate knowledge of Oracle R11/R12
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application requirements
- Ability to write and optimize complex SQL queries, procedures and functions Knowledge on the methods load the data i.e. swap partition, incremental Loading, changed data capture.
- Good understanding and experience in Functional knowledge of Oracle e-Business Suite applications a plus
- Experienced in Forms, Reports, XML Publisher, Discoverer, Interfaces, Unix Shell scripting, Oracle Workflow, personalization
- Solid skills in SQL*Plus and PL/SQL
- Unit Test Tools and continuous integration
- Knowledge of Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integrations Servers a plus
- Experience in Business Intelligence and reporting specifically using Cognos technology an advantage
- Capable of producing documented requirements, developing designs, preparing and executing test plans
- Able and willing to travel, as this position may require travel to the US from time to time.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, team skills, and hard work
- Relevant work experience in the Investments/Financial industry (FinTech) would be a distinct advantage
- LOMA 357 Investments and/or CFA certification would also be an advantage
- 10+ years of Oracle Applications R11/R12 programming and analysis experience with a variety of technical projects
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in IT development with a proven ability to design innovative solutions, and deliver quality software to strict standards and schedules through own efforts and those of others
- Proficient with Oracle database design, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL and stored procedures
- Experience with Source code repositories
- Familiarity with security industry standards is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer or related fields preferred
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.