Construction & Engineering
£40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Our client is a specialist manufacturing firm based in the North West. They provide a bespoke product to customers across the UK and Ireland. Still enjoying sustained success in their market, they require an experienced Operations Manager to take over day-to-day control of Operations in their high quality manufacturing plant.
Key aspects of the role:
- Oversee the entire manufacturing function of the organisation, responsible for managing output from our three individual facilities.
- Be familiar with standard factory control procedures including IS09001 and introduce lean management techniques to our manufacturing process.
- Manage the After- Sales Team to ensure all reported issues are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that communication between all departments is effective and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Manage the company’s production planning and ensure the organisation is fully and properly resourced to meet production targets.
- Oversee/organise staff training to ensure all employees are performing satisfactorily both in their individual roles and as part of the team.
- Provide a strong leadership support function to the manufacturing teams and motivate staff to achieve their pre-determined goals.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators are in place and that production targets are met.
- Implement any new agreed policies and procedures relating to the production process or any other aspect of the business e.g. health and safety etc.
- Be a key member of the Senior Management Team in all aspects of future planning, strategy and development of the organisation.
Ideally, you will have a proven track record of managing at a senior level. You will have strong leadership and excellent communication skills. This position requires confidence and energy and a motivated spirit. You will be IT literate and possess good presentation techniques.
As this is a senior role within the organisation, the individual appointed will be a problem solver, a decision-maker and will make a positive contribution to the future growth of the company.
This is an exciting new role with our client and represents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a vibrant, dynamic and energetic team.
The role is primarily office/factory based but may involve occasional travel to sites throughout the UK, to attend progress meetings and to oversee general performance.
If you feel this is something that you'd like to know more about, or if you feel you meet the description well and would like to be considered, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in strictest confidence.