The Manager is responsible for the day to day organisation and administration of the nursing home at all levels and will lead a team of caring and ancillary staff.
Conducting daily handover meetings
Managing work teams and nurses
Enforcing health and safety regulations
Assessing patient care systems
Ordering supplies and equipment for the home
Meeting with patient families and friends
Report any ill health amongst Clients and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
Health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Client within the Care Centre has an individualized Care Plan.
· A minimum first level nursing qualification, with five years post qualification nursing experience (preferably with two of those years in care of the elderly) and be on the current NMC register.
· A minimum of 3 years previous experience of managing a nursing or residential home.
· A proven ability to manage staff
· Excellent leadership skills, good communication skills and an ability to promote the home
· Excellent time management skills
· Current driving licence and use of a car.
· A recognised management qualification (NVQ Level 5 or equivalent).
· Hold a Moving and Handling trainers’ certificate.
· Recognised trainers’ certificate relevant to nursing homes.
An excellent salary & package will be offered to the successful candidate dependent upon experience. Annual leave of 7 weeks per year. Private health insurance provided.