MPA Recruitment is currently hiring a Nurse Manager to work within the Coleraine area. The successful candidate will ensure that the provision of care is appropriate to the social, emotional and physical needs of each resident. They will also assume responsibility for the on-going daily management of the scheme and to ensure that this is carried out in an effective and efficient manner by adhering to the Association’s standards and procedures and those of the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To create a caring and supportive environment for residents whilst encouraging maximum independence.
- To ensure that a high standard of care is maintained at all times which reflects the social, emotional and physical needs of each resident.
- To co-ordinate resident meetings to ensure that residents wishes are incorporated into the weekly running of the scheme.
- To develop, implement and evaluate individual programmes of care for each resident.
- To ensure that all the Association’s policies, procedures and standards appropriate to the management of the scheme are fully understood and properly implemented by staff.To establish and maintain all records which have been identified as necessary by the Association and other inspection agencies.
- To review and evaluate these records and report factually to appropriate agencies as required.
- To establish and develop a working relationship with the external multi-disciplinary team, which includes social workers, medical, nursing and administrative staff who relate to the scheme.
- To ensure that flexible visiting arrangements are maintained and that a welcoming relaxed atmosphere exists for family and friends. To organise, in conjunction with residents and staff, appropriate social activities.
- To ensure strict adherence to the Associations Health and Safety Policy.
- To assume management responsibility for all staff within the scheme and to ensure that the scheme maintains proper staffing levels at all times.
- To participate in the appointment of staff when required in accordance with the Association’s procedure and Equality Legislation.
- To fulfil the requirements of the Induction Procedure for newly appointed members of staff and staff who have been promoted or transferred.
- To identify training needs of staff and take steps to ensure that these needs are met.
- To ensure that regular staff meetings are held so that staff have the opportunity to discuss issues concerning the scheme and that team spirit can be developed and promoted.
- To implement the disciplinary and grievance procedure in accordance with the Association’s policies and procedures.
- To manage and record absence within the scheme and counsel staff when required.
- To organise and implement staff rotas and complete timesheets.
- To implement the annual performance review system within the scheme
- To ensure that all staff receive supervision at least 3 monthly.
- Ensure that confidentiality within the scheme is maintained by all staff.
- Assume responsibility for all money within the scheme.
- Maintain records and issue money to residents in accordance with requirements.
- Assume responsibility for residents personal money and valuables in accordance with requirements if requested to do so.
- To ensure the repair and maintenance of the scheme both internally and externally in accordance with the Association’s procedures
Health and Safety and Risk Management
- To ensure strict adherence to the Association’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure that all staff and residents are instructed in the use of door exits, the fire alarm system and are familiar with the fire evacuation procedures. Fire drills should be carried out on a regular basis and all fire safety equipment maintained.
- A commitment to the statutory duties under Section 75 of the N. Ireland Act 1998.
- To ensure that the scheme contingency plan is up-dated on a regular basis and that the policy is a standing item at both staff and residents meeting’s
- To carry out any other duties which are deemed necessary by the Chief Executive their representatives
EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS/ ATTAINMENTS
- RGN Qualified.
- Current NMC (Nursing Midwifery Council) registration.
- 5 years post registration experience in the care of the elderly in a residential/nursing setting.
- 2 years previous management experience including staff supervision, financial management and administration.
- Experience of contact with statutory agencies and social services.
- Flexible re working hours.
- *Driving licence and access to a car.
- 23 days annual leave plus 12 statutory days (increasing with service)
- Occupational pension scheme
- Payment of NMC fees
- Occupational sick pay
- Occupational maternity pay
To hear more about this role or to apply please call Leanne on 028 7136 0070 or send an upto date CV to email@example.com