APPLICATION ENGINEER/ MATERIALS ENGINEER
£35,000 - £45,000
I have been exclusively retained to support our client's search for an experienced, qualified Application Engineer/ Materials Engineer. The Application Engineer will provide our client with support relating to product development, product qualification, competitive product solutions, failure analysis and processing/presentation of corrective actions. The Application Engineer will offer a greater level of end use understanding. You will create more value for our client by acting as a development partner and a technical resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with customers and/or collaborates with Product Specialists/Managers and other Development Teams / Market Leaders, to understand the needs of the customer and develop product/process solutions and Critical to Quality (CTQ) attributes.
- Develops and manages relationships with strategic contacts among key customers and industry contacts. Travel for face to face customer support / understanding required.
- Participates in market and product/service strategy and roadmap creation as well as support strategy execution.
- Provides engineering support to the customer to identify and resolve design issues or opportunities.
- Represents the company at customer sites and trade shows, where applicable.
- Communicates the customer’s requirements to the company for engineering and production purposes.
- Interfaces with customers and/or internal quality teams on all technical quality issues and monitors corrections/improvements through to completion.
- Support account managers to identify, execute and improve key account strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering or related field required.(MS or PhD preferred)
- Strong level of experience dealing with customer research and production teams
- In depth knowledge of materials manufacturing processes
- Direct technical experience working in the sputter target industry preferred
- Previous experience in the Semiconductor or Data Storage Device Industry preferred
- Strong materials/metallurgy background
- Strong communication skills both with customers and internally
- Able to work cross functionally across technology, operations, quality
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
- Detail oriented, & self-motivated
- Ability to communicate effectively with all management levels
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead project groups that consist of team members with varying skills and knowledge located around the world
- Ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds both locally and globally
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to join a very busy company who can offer a competitive salary and International travel opportunities including UK, USA and Germany.
Please submit your CV by clicking on APPLY NOW. I will call you back soon after to discuss your application and provide more information.