Construction & Engineering
£30,000 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by an established manufacturing business based on the Co Tyrone / Armagh border to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer.
To oversee operational shift performance of plastic extrusion lines, taking corrective action where necessary to ensure the shift achieves production, product quality, delivery and cost targets.
Duties & Accountability:
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
- Apply working knowledge to the manufacturing process
- Create processes/ procedures/SOP’s
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- Devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Create weekly production schedule and participate in weekly production meeting
- Carry our required product test procedures
- Assist in Operative training
- Other duties may be assigned as the business progresses
Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum HND qualification in Engineering or Manufacturing discipline
- Working Knowledge of plastic extrusion process
- NEBOSH or IOSH certificate would be desirable
- Leads by example, setting goals and targets
- Manages time and prioritises
- Trains, mentors & delegates
- Listens and communicates
- Evaluates employees and performance
- Advises and disciplines
- Assesses risks and makes decisions
- Thinks clearly and analytically
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Lee-Anne Greenaway at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 37537591 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.