Management, Finance & Accounting
£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
Our client is an established well known business based in Derry. They are currently seeking a finance professional to be based at their Head Office.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the main job duties will be:
- To assist the GFC in meeting his/her responsibilities in terms of satisfying the Group’s internal and external requirements for management and financial information.
- To acquire knowledge of the group's accounting systems and procedures.
- To ensure that the aforementioned information is produced accurately and on time.
- To drive, facilitate and assist in delivering the Group Head Office process of continuous improvement in order to ensure that, via the use of ICT, outputs are delivered as efficiently and effectively as possible (including driving the “paperless” agenda).
- To work closely with the team to ensure that the Group’s financial and reporting systems are maintained and that information is reported on a timely and accurate basis.
- Assist the GFC with various ad hoc and ongoing assignments and tasks (to include HR & H&S issues) as and when required.
- Explain financial data to non-financial managersAttend relevant management meetings.
Key Accounting Tasks:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Monthly close off of the Group’s computerised accounting system.
- Assisting with streamlining of processes to improve timeliness of financial information.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets.
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Assist with the preparation of periodic cash flow analysis reports and forecasts.Liaising with the Group’s auditors to ensure that all queries are resolved swiftly and the annual and interim audits are performed efficiently.
- Completion of various other statutory returns to include returns to Companies House.
- Checking of P/L invoice and credit note batches prior to posting and suggested payments listings.
- Performing periodic internal outlet audit and compliance reviews.
- Assist with stocktaking.
- Electronically importing and posting sales and purchases relating to the Group’s trading outlets
- All other duties required to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Group Head Office function.
- Professional Accountancy Qualification, however, relevant and successful on the job experience will be considered.
For further information please contact Leanne on 028 71360070 or to apply forward your CV to [email protected]