Legal & Compliance
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source a Legal Analyst to join our clients Legal Department. The Legal Analyst will provide business specific legal support and services to lawyers in the United States Business Law (“USBL”) group, as well as our clients operations in other jurisdictions.
The duties of this position will include both long-term established tasks as well as short-term projects that arise from diverse requests for legal support. You must be able to learn the client’s business, become familiar with insurance and investment products and their legal requirements, and otherwise become an integral part of the legal team supporting our client’s businesses.
Under the supervision of attorneys/lawyers, the successful candidate may be required to:
- Perform legal research and writing, including of relevant US and foreign laws and regulations,
- Draft and negotiate provisions of contracts and documentation,
- Maintain corporate record books, draft resolutions, coordinate state annual report filings, and conduct other corporate and partnership housekeeping
Knowledge & Skills
- A degree with a professional legal qualification desirable
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a paralegal or similar experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (a writing sample may be requested.)
- The candidate should have experience using Westlaw (or similar legal research tools) to perform legal research, to the point that, when presented with a legal issue, he or she can independently and thoroughly research the issue, and analyse, organise and summarise the data into a well-written legal memorandum
- An evidenced facility with Microsoft Word and Excel
- A high level of comfort in using computers and web-based applications
- Desire and ability to pursue continuous learning
- Willingness to ask questions and to seek information as needed to complete projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to work independently and to work on several projects simultaneously
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence