MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Lecturer in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning for a full-time position in the Lisburn area.
Plan, deliver and assess a range of programmes from Level 1 to Level 5.
- Fulfil the role of class tutor with administrative and pastoral responsibilities.
- Develop ILT resources appropriate for teaching and learning in the subject area and promote the use of library and resource centres.
- Review and evaluate quality of provision in line with IQ: RS and awarding body requirements.
- Participate in staff training and development activities to update and enhance own knowledge, skills and professional competence needed to carry out the role effectively.
- Contribute to and participate in marketing, recruitment, induction and other appropriate events.
- Co-ordinate programmes of study.
- Participate in subject and school team meetings.
- Contribute to the co-ordination and organisation of educational visits and work-based learning.
- Organise, participate in and supervise students during residential events.
Recognised by the Department of Education for teaching in Further Education in NI as per circular FE01/12 Qualifications required to teach in Institutions of Further Education?
- Hold GCSE English (Grade A-C) / Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Communication; and GCSE Maths (Grade A-C) / Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or NICATS Access Maths Modules;
- Hold a University Degree* in Building Services or related area
Hold a Level 5 or above qualification in Building Services or in a related area, which is on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) / National Qualification Framework (NQF) for England and Northern Ireland and have 3 years relevant industrial, professional or business experience.
* A Degree obtained at the University in the UK or the Republic of Ireland; or
* A Degree obtained at any other University, provided the Department accepts the standard and content of that degree as equivalent to those stated above; or any qualification deemed by the Department to be equivalent to a university degree
Essential College Requirements
- Have completed a Level 3 or above apprenticeship in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or equivalent with certified documentation
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry.
- Currently qualified as an approved Assessor and hold an A1 award or equivalent or be prepared to obtain an Assessor qualification
4. Have excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills.
5. Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification
- Currently qualified as an approved Internal Verifier and hold an IV / IQA award or be prepared to obtain an IV / IQA qualification.