IT & Digital
£24,907 to £30,615 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit an ITS Band 5 Developer for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting on the analysis of user requirements and the design, implementation, development, documentation and support of complex ICT solutions;
- Use of and compliance with all IT project management processes as defined by ITS;
- Participating in and undertaking appropriate tasks within ICT Programmes of work, reporting on progress as required;
- Participating in the budgetary planning and monitoring processes for Systems and Services;
- Participating in the approval processes for ICT expenditure, including input to business case development, Gateway Reviews and project evaluations;
- Participating in the procurement, negotiation, establishment, monitoring and review of support contracts and service level agreements for ICT Solutions and services; and
- Assisting in the approval, selection and procurement of hardware, software and services, achieving best value for money and compliance with relevant standards.
Quality & IT Service Management Best Practice
- Participate fully in quality initiatives particularly those involving ITS and specifically the application of ISO 20000.
- Use and compliance with the ITS ISO 20000 Approved service management processes for all elements of service management.
- Ensure ICT Services operational documentation for which they are responsible for is kept up to date.
Financial and Resource Management
- Assist the Service Manager with the planning of delegated budgets, deployment of financial resources and personnel in a timely manner to meet planned milestones and timetables.
- Support the approval processes for ICT expenditure, including input to business case development, gateway reviews and project evaluations.
- Support the monitoring and review of support contracts and service level agreements for ICT solutions and services.
- Communicate with colleagues, customers suppliers/vendors as required, ensuring good relationships are maintained at all times.
Development and Innovation
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain a high level of relevant knowledge and skills.
- Development of knowledge of the relevant business areas associated with the ICT service or Project.
- Maximise the use of ICT Services ensuring best value for money and most efficient use of resources.
- A university degree in a computer science or Informatics related discipline or an equivalent recognised professional qualification
PLUS 1 years relevant experience*
An HND in a computer science related discipline PLUS have 2 years recent relevant experience*
Have 4 years relevant experience*
Have successfully completed a 2-year Level 3 ICT Apprenticeship within the past 5 years PLUS have 3 years recent relevant experience*. Achievement of this qualification must have been assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body. Participants must have completed a competence based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3, a knowledge based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3 and the mandatory essential skills. (Application of Number - Level 2 Communication - Level 2 ICT – Level 2)
*Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting information and communications technology systems in a business environment. A business environment in this context includes ICT areas such as software development & support; web design and development; communications and network support; and technical support services for infrastructure
£24,907 – £30,615
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.