MPA have been appointed by our client to find an Internal Sales Manager to join their team. Our £20 million + turnover locally owned client is a real North West success story. Following a period of significant investment, employment and growth they have positioned themselves as one of Irelands leading manufacturers and suppliers of corrugated packaging.
You will be work closely with our clients External Sales Team and other departments, and also play an integral role in ensuring our UK and ROI customers experience market leading levels of service by having an in-depth knowledge of their needs and expectations; having the ability to work together with colleagues to ensure these are met.
- Developing a complete understanding of our Account Management policies and procedures in areas such as purchase ordering, procurement, scheduling, transport and stock holding.
- Nurture strong working relationships with customers to understand their overall needs and processes; providing support and guidance to them to ensure a strong supply partnership.
- Have a strong knowledge of our commercial offering and have an ability to work with customers to agree new product solutions.
- Manage sales order from key accounts and liaise with them on specific changes, ensuring paperwork is accurately completed and that all interested parties are fully aware of any changes including co-ordinating Customs agents where appropriate.
- Working closely with production scheduling to ensure the order of raw materials is in line with current and forecasted customer orders.
- Assist in the management of stock and inventory levels.
- Working closely with technical, production and transport teams; ensuring quality standards, customer specifications and delivery deadlines are met.
- Maintaining accurate customer records of all account management activities.
- Assist in the management of customer KPI monitoring, reporting and improvement programmes.
- Prepare and distribute customer reports from Company to clients.
- Generate and process purchase orders.
- Manage customer call off requirements in line with client lead-times, stock orders and production schedules.
- Continuous development of advanced knowledge and understanding or our product/industry to better contribute to the success of our customers and organisation.
- Assist in the management and facilitation of customer visits with sales, technical and production teams.
- Produce reports and other information as required by the Management Team in order to inform sales, financial and operational planning.
- Attend and actively participate in daily Operational Management Meetings, providing client information relating to current and upcoming orders.
- Exercising independent judgement and a strong work ethic to effectively manage time and effort to drive revenue performance across all accounts.
- Occasional visit(s) to customer locations.
- Foster a team atmosphere, supporting your teammates/colleagues.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Any other reasonable work requests made by Senior Management.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Previous experience within a key account/customer service/sales role, ideally within the high-volume production/manufacturing sector.
- Ability to work in a demanding, target driven environment.
- Ability to utilise problem solving and trouble shooting skills to identify root cause of arising issues, taking fast and effective action in order to resolve the problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with people (internal and external) across all levels
- Ability to learn quickly & effectively.
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office.
- Highly organised with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Full driving license.
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence