Finance & Accounting, Legal & Compliance
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Internal Auditor to join their team. This role will suit a self-motivated experienced audit professional, who wants to build a rewarding career supporting our clients’ global business, through the U.S, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
You will be responsible for helping our clients board members and executive management protect assets, reputation and sustainability of their business, by providing an independent and objective assurance activity designed to add value and improve their operations.
This role is suited to someone who has a strong analytical mindset, who also has the ability to assess risk and evaluate controls. You must be a self-motivated and intellectually curious person, with the desire to grow your business and technical acumen to remain current on business developments, industry trends, emerging risks, and changes to the financial and regulatory environments.
- Lead and conduct team-oriented, department-wide reviews of audit workpapers and interact with auditors of various levels in the department
- Manages day to day activities of Quality Assurance Audit Team
- Project Manages the Quality Assurance Audit Plan
- Operate as the Administrative manager to Quality Assurance staff
- First line reviewer of detailed Quality Assurance results
- Facilitates Quality Assurance discussion meetings with Audit Teams
- Drafts Quality Assurance Audit reports
- Responsible for identifying and aggregating Quality Assurance Themes
Skills, Experiences & Qualifications
- 3+ years of audit or other experiences within the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher preferably in a business major. An MBA is a plus.
- Big 4 accounting experience is preferred, but not required.
The ideal candidate should also have:
- A strong understanding of risks and controls
- Experience in life insurance, group insurance, broker/dealers, retirement/annuities products is desired, but not required.
- Practical audit experience, such as conducting risk assessments, creating and executing audit programs, executing and/or leading audits
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- The ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Experience working and leading in a team environment
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence